skip to Main Content

Boko Haram Attack: Defence Spoke Person, John Eneche Counters United Nations’ Claim Of 110 People Being Killed, Says It’s 43 (Video)

Boko Haram Attack: Defence Spoke Person, John Eneche Counters United Nations’ Claim Of 110 People Being Killed, Says It’s 43  (Video)

Nigerian Defence Headquarters’ Director of Information, Maj. Gen. John Eneche has countered the United Nations’ claim of 110 people being killed over the weekend in Borno.

It was reported earlier that United Nations Humanitarian Coordinator in Nigeria, Edward Kallon said no fewer than 110 farmers were killed in Saturday, November 28 attack on rice farms in Zabarmari community in Borno state.

Reacting to this in an interview on Channels Television today November 30, Eneche stated that what the military have so far counted with the locals is 43 bodies. He noted that the military is still searching for dead bodies, while also admitting that some people ran into the bush during the attack.

He added that while there is a possibility of the death toll rising, he is however hopeful that those who ran into the bush will return alive.

Watch the video below:

This Post Has 0 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back To Top
×Close search
Search