A massive fire broke out at Odo Eran Shopping Complex, Agege, Lagos, on October 3rd. According to the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), who received a distress call from the scene, preliminary investigation revealed that the fire started from one of the shops within the premises. Chemical items used for manufacturing paint were inappropriately stored and the inferno started when it came in contact with other inflammable items.
A total number of 11 shops were razed down by the inferno, while 10 shops were salvaged by the Lagos Fire Service and others. Two adult male sustained injuries and were attended to.