The tenth edition of the Postcode Lottery Green Challenge is a fact! It is the largest annual and international green business plan competition.
The winner gets 500,000 EUR to help bring her or his plan to market. The runner-up will receive 200,000 EUR. The Postcode Lottery started the competition in 2007, after being inspired by president Clinton to look for those dedicated entrepreneurs with brilliant green business plans. Plans that are ready to speed up the transition towards a low carbon economy.
The answers to the issues of our time are already in front of us. But it takes entrepreneurs like our former finalists to raise those answers and get them out into the world.
Application Deadline: June 1st, 2006
From the 1st of March 2016 until the 1st of June 2016 the 10th edition of the Postcode Lottery Green Challenge is open.
- should have the potential to reduce greenhouse-gas emissions by an amount you can roughly estimate;
- should be developed enough to execute;
- should be realisable as a usable product or service within the next two years
- should preferably have integrated Cradle2Cradle principles in their designs
Besides these criteria, the jury will also look at factors as: Communication potential, courageousness and creativity.
- be willing to bring your idea to market yourself, and to commit to working with any organisation necessary for developing the product and/or implementing the service;
- be 18 years or older
- agree with all our Terms & Conditions
- carefully answer all the questions on the entry form in English
- be willing to attend the Postcode Lottery Green Challenge in Amsterdam if you are selected as a finalist and present your idea to the jury.
The jury looks for a combination of entrepreneurship, creativity and of course sustainability. Your entry should have the potential to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by an amount you can roughly estimate. Your plan should be developed enough to be executed and brought to market within 2 years. Besides these criteria, the jury will also judges factors as communication potential, courageousness and creativity.
Tip: Make sure you create an impressive elevator pitch, stating who you are, who is in your team, what your business is, and why you are the ones to make this a success. Good luck!