Application Deadline: 3rd May 2016
The Emerging Voices Awards will be open to passport holders of emerging nations in three categories:
1. Africa and the Middle East: including, but not limited to, paintings, drawings, sculptures, installations, photographs, prints and mixed media.
2. Asia-Pacific: Works of fiction published in English.
3. Latin America and the Caribbean: Films in any language with English subtitles.
The judges aim to reward those in each of the eligible art forms whose work shows outstanding talent and in some way furthers understanding of their region.
The Awards, which will be decided by a panel of international judges, will reward the most compelling works of fiction, film and art from emerging market countries and will recognise:
- the most distinguished artists in a variety of media in Africa and the Middle East
- the best creators of published fiction in English or English translation in Asia-Pacific
- the top film-makers in Latin America or the Caribbean
- The winner in each category will receive a prize award of $40,000 and will also be featured in a post event magazine and videos profiled on ft.com.
- Shortlisted runners up will receive $5,000.
3 May: Closing date for submissions
6 June: Longlist announced
5 August: Finalists announced
26 September: Awards ceremony – Winners announced
30 September: Magazine published in FT and winners announced on FT.com
- The longlist for each category will be announced on 6 June 2016.
- This will be followed by the announcement of three finalists on 5 August 2016 who will be invited to attend an awards ceremony in New York on 26 September 2016 where category winners will be announced.