Its indeed sad times for a man identified as Umaru Sadau as his two wives both have died same day due to electric shock. The two women, died after both of them unknowingly touched a rope connected to an electric cable. The incident happened on Thursday in Tungan-Wakili, Tafa Local Government Area of Niger State, located few kilometres from the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
The first wife initially got electrocuted when she went to spread a cloth on the rope, .
The husband to the deceased women, Umaru who is a ward head in the area, told News men that the incident happened after his first wife, Hajara, went to spread a cloth she used in draining water in the house, after a rainfall. The husband, who could not explain how electricity current reached the rope, added that his second wife, Salamatu, rushed to the scene to rescue Hajara, having watched her fell.
Salamatu, whose neck, he said, touched the rope, died instantly while, Hajara, whom, he added, touched the rope with her two hands, died some minutes later, before she could be taken to hospital.
Sadau said that his late wives left behind five children.