Seven members of a family of eight have all tragically perished in a fire that razed down their apartment in the surulere area of Lagos state yesterday. Among the seven people who died is A 3-week old baby, three children, their parents and their grand mother who was around to take care of the children.
One of the daughters of the family is said to be alive butburnt and is currently receiving medical attention at the Gbagada General hospital.
At the time of report, no one could ascertain the cause of the fire but most people say it was from a candle light that was probably forgotten.
This is so sad, may their soul rest in peace.